Top 5 Roof Problems
Roof Leaks and Moisture
- If your roof is leaking, no matter what it’s made of, then you have a problem on your hands. There are any number of reasons for leaking roofs. Poor installation, heat or cold damage, storm damage, natural wear and tear are some of the more common causes of leakage.
Blow offs, Tenting, and Billowing
- Caused by improper installation, and wind damage, blow offs, tenting, and billowing are serious problems. The uplifted roofing material can allow serious damage to the roof membrane if not fixed in a timely matter.
- It’s no surprise that poor installation can cause roof problems. After all, it plans a huge part in number 1 and 2. Poor installation, while a problem in and of itself, can lead to much more serious problems down the line.
Lack of Maintenance
- If you want to get the full lifetime out of your roof, you have to be sure to keep up with any and all repairs that are needed. A small, simple problem can turn into a major issue if left unattended. Be sure to check your roof regularly for any problems.
- If any problems arise when it comes t your roof, it is very important to fix them quickly, and properly. If the repairs aren’t done quickly enough, or if they’re done poorly, it can exacerbate the problem, and cause a slew of new issues. Always make sure any repairs are done in a timely matter, and are done correctly.